Wednesday, August 29, 2007

murphy's law

according to wikipedia, murphy's law refers to:
Murphy's law is an adage in Western culture that broadly states that things will go wrong in any given situation, if you give them a chance. "If there's more than one possible outcome of a job or task, and one of those outcomes will result in disaster or an undesirable consequence, then somebody will do it that way." It is most often cited as "Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong" (or, alternately, "Whatever can go wrong will go wrong, and at the worst possible time, in the worst possible way" or, "Anything that can go wrong, will," or even, "If anything can go wrong, it will, and usually at the most inopportune moment"). The saying is sometimes referred to as Sod's law or Finagle's law which can also be rendered as "Anything that can go wrong, will—at the worst possible moment".

And that's what hapened today.

Luckily, I did not screw up my presentation. However, everything that happened before i stepped into NTU tr 139 just now was a classic example of Murphy's Law.

I did a skeleton of my slides last night and thought I'd be able to tie up everything this morning. But guess what? things did not go as smoothly as that. I woke up later then i had planned which cut into my work time. When I finally finished the slides, it was already later then I planned. I knew I had to print out my presentation outline, so i turned on the printer only to realize that i CANNOT print anything coz the connection from printer to laptop was screwed!! 1.55pm thereabouts when i finally gave up (after installing and re-installing my printer driver like multiple times) and thought i'd go to HSS lib to print.

That's when i bloody remembered that i haven't prepared my clothes for the day yet. Was actually planning to wear red but since my black shirt was more or less ready, i had to wear that instead. No way i could reach on time by bus so I took a cab. (which took me about 7 mins to find!!)

Reached HSS library and the bloody print station can't read thumbdrives. Approached a random girl who was using the PCs at the library to send my work to the printer from her account but i found out that because I'm using ppt 2007 the copy that was read using the lib's computer was totally screwed up. So, i was already late and i had to go to class without the outlines for erveryone. Seriously speaking, i feel quite bad lah.

oh well. this is my first blog entry on my lappie. yay!! hahaah.

cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment